“I’m not a chef, I’m Italian”- David Rocco


Sunday, November 25, 2012

Arrivederci!!



Ciao a tutti!! My mother and I will be in vacationing in Italy for the next month, I was first there over the summer of 2011 and I am so grateful and excited to be returning. I will not really be posting while I am away, but not to worry, I promise to leave you in good hands!! I will be having wonderful guest posts from Noshing with the Nolands, Oh Cake, Strands of My Life, Webicurean and more!! When I return I will be sharing so much from my trip, including journals of my travels in Rome and Florence, restaurant reviews, mouthwatering photos, interviews with chefs and videos!! Below, you will find a journal entry that I wrote on my first day in Rome. 
Arrivederci!!

June 27th, 2011: The Colosseum


Mom and I were in a cab coming from the airport. We were driving on a pretty standard highway and then we turned into a more commercial looking area and saw it. The Colosseum. It was such an amazing moment. I could not believe it. The Colosseum is something I have seen in photos and movies and was never 100% sure I would see it for myself. I could not stop smiling. I couldn't believe I was seeing the Colosseum. Mom and I were just smiling at each other. After we checked into the hotel, we decided to do a little browsing. We had lunch at a little restaurant and sat inside, but by the big open windows. Afterward, we just started walking just to get an idea of where we were. Suddenly, without knowing what direction to go in, mom turned around and said “Is that the Colosseum?” And sure enough, just a couple of blocks ahead, was The Colosseum again, this time we weren't in a cab though, so we could see it fully. It is such an incredible site, I can’t even describe it. It is like nothing I have ever seen. Furthermore, mom and I spoke about what it was used for, and to this day I still cannot believe that this was used for gladiators to fight for sport like animals. We then went up to a little bridge area and just stared at it for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment