“I’m not a chef, I’m Italian”- David Rocco


Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pizza con Radicchio and Scamorza



 
Ciao mei amici! The other day my mother and I had been walking around Rome for hours. We were only in Rome for three days before leaving for Florence we decided to wait to go to all of the museums until we get back in December. By this point we have been walking for a looooong time and were originally planning on going to one of the restaurants a friend had recommended, but it was on the other side of the river and we were right by Fontana di Trevi. Our feet aching and our tummies growling we decided we just had to sit and eat. We came upon a little unassuming outdoor cafĂ© right off the fountain a couple of streets down. My eye immediately went to the Pizza with Radicchio and Scamorza. The combination of the slightly bitter radicchio and the smokey scamorza is insane. So simple and incredibly delicious. The crust also had a slight chew but was nice and thin, just the way I like. I posted a picture of a slice of the pizza the other day on my facebook account and I couldn’t believe it, everyone seemed to love this idea of the pizza, the flavors, the colors. So, here it is…the famous shot of this lovely, lovely pizza. Ciao ciao for now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment